Simple and easy 1-Pot Vegan Corn Chowder. Healthy yet comforting soup packed with fresh veggies like corn, celery, onion, and potatoes. Served with bread and garnished with chopped green onion. This recipe is family-friendly and can be made gluten-free.
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 Tbsp dairy-free butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, substitute for GF flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husk removed and washed.
- 1 large white onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped into small pieces
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped in ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or stock, I used low sodium
- ½ red bell pepper diced into small pieces
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Green Onion, chopped finely
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Once hot, add butter, salt, pepper, and chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and stir.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, red bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Stir and bring soup to a boil. Depending on the broth you use will determine what color your soup is.
- Once the soup is boiling turn heat down to low-medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is fork-tender.
- Using a small knife cut the corn off the cob and add the fresh corn to the soup. Pour the dairy-free milk in the soup and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the corn is completely cooked.
- Taste soup and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or paprika) if needed.
- Divide into soup bowls. Garnish with bread and chopped green onions.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
Find more of Marissa’s recipes on @itsallgoodvegan.