- 1 x 400g chickpeas
- 135g (½ cup) roasted almond butter(see notes)
- 80ml (⅓ cup) Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) light flavored oil
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 62g (½ cup) plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 50g (½ cup) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 90g (½ cup) dark chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F, and line a 20cm (8 inch) square tin. Set aside.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well. Remove any dark chickpeas, then transfer to a high-speed food processor along with the almond butter, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. Blend until combined, and a smooth paste forms. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl- it is recommended to use a rubber spatula here, to help transfer all of the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, and add salt. Gently fold until only just combined, then add blueberries and chocolate chips. Very gently fold together before transferring the batter to the prepared tin. Use a spoon to smooth down the top. Bake for 32-35 mins, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow blondie to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve: Blondies are best enjoyed while they are still slightly warm, and on the day on baking. Blondies will keep in an air-tight container for 2-3 days. Store in etc fridge in hot climates.