- 2 cups oats, blended into a meal
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup date paste**
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- a few tbsp water
- To serve:
- Melted Vegan Choc & Vegan Sprinkles to ice donuts (optional)
- Plant Based Milk of choice
- ** Date paste is simply dates that have been pitted, soaked in boiling water then drained and processed into a thick paste.
- Combine the ground almonds/oats and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Add the date paste and maple syrup and work with your hands until it begins to stick together into a dough, gradually adding a few tbsp of water at a time to help it bind. Add enough water until it is a pliable dough that holds together well.
- Press into mini silicone donut moulds and chill for 20-30 minutes (or you could prepare them the night before for the morning)
- If icing with vegan chocolate simply ice then chill them in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Serve with plant based milk and anything else your heart desires.