These vegan baked pumpkin & coffee donuts are a perfect cozy treat for the colder times of the year! Did we mention that they’re also gluten-free? They are as healthy as donuts can be, and yet that doesn’t take away from their flavor!
For the donuts
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 80g coconut sugar
- 50g gluten-free oat flour
- 25g potato starch
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp pink salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin purée (see below)
- ½ cup) full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup) date syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 shots espresso
For the frosting:
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp date syrup
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin purée
- 2 shots espresso coffee
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Start baking your pumpkin. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F & line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and bake cut side down for 1h until soft.
- Scoop out the flesh removing all the seeds. Mash the flesh using a fork, making sure you get a very smooth pumpkin purée with no lumps. Set aside.
- To make the donuts, preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F & grease your molds or pans with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl (sift the flours first) & mix well using a whisk.
- In a separate large bowl, add the roasted pumpkin purée with the rest of wet ingredients & whisk vigorously until creamy & well combined.
- Continue gently folding the dry ingredients into the wet, using a spatula, until just combined.
- Pipe the batter evenly into each donut cavity using a big pastry bag (cutting off the end). Fill each mold just ¾ full so that the donuts have room to rise.
- Bake until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 min for the mini donuts and 15 min for the larger ones.
- Allow the molds/pans to cool for about 10 min.
- Flip the molds over a plate & pop out the donuts then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- For the coffee caramel frosting blend all the ingredients until creamy.
- Store in the fridge to set a bit.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, gently dip each one into the coffee caramel cream. Enjoy!
Find more of Lore’s recipes at Dates and Avocados.
If you loved these baked pumpkin & coffee donuts, you might also like…
Interested in all things gluten-free? Click here for more vegan GF recipes!