- 1/4 cup vegan milk of choice
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil – If you don’t mind fat-free texture, you can use applesauce (35g)
- 1 cup flour, loosely packed (works with spelt, white, or gf ap)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- optional add-ins: pinch cinnamon, handful mini vegan chocolate chips or shredded coconut
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Grease a donut pan OR mini muffin pan, and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients except strawberries.
- Pour wet into dry once oven is preheated, and stir until just evenly mixed. Stir in the berries.
- Bake 10-12 min, or until donuts have risen and batter is no longer wet.
- Let sit 5 min before removing from the pan.
- Frost with coconut butter or any of the healthy frosting recipes on my blog, or use your favorite frosting.