- Beet Ginger Thyme Soup
- 4 medium beets
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 sprig of thyme minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 pepper to taste
- Peel and cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- Sauté onions in large soup pot in oil until tender.
- Add in garlic, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add in beets, potatoes, water, vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until beets and potatoes are soft.
- Don’t over cook or beets will turn brown.
- Put in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy.
- Serve with coconut cream and your favourite croutons.