- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 3/4 cup creamed coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp blue matcha (optional)
- Place all the ingredients for the base in the processor, except the dates. Process until the almonds are in small pieces.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the base mixture firmly into the bottom of your mold and then freeze while you prepare the filling.
- In a high speed blender, place all the ingredients for the filling. Blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into your mold and freeze 1 hour. (If you don’t want multiple colours or flavours, you don’t need to split the mixture)
- Mix the remaining filling with the blue matcha (or other natural colour) and pour onto the first layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.