- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground linseed (flax seed), sunflower seed and almond (LSA)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp chaga mushroom powder
- 1/2 tsp reishi mushroom powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp melted cacao butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Melted vegan chocolate to decorate
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and use your hands to work the mix into a dough.
- If you feel it’s too dry, add 1/4 tsp maple or cacao butter at a time until it holds together nicely.
- Be sure to only do this after you’ve given it a good kneading with your hands as the natural oils from the ground nuts will start to release.
- If, however, you find it’s too wet, add 1/4 tsp almond meal at a time until you are happy with the consistency.
- Roll into 25 gram sized balls, or press into a slice tray if you prefer squares. Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate, to remove the bites and gently squiggle over the chocolate. Store in the fridge until you are ready to eat.