- 350g oo flour plus extra for dusting
- 50g coconut sugar/soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7g sachet of dried yeast
- 30g vegan butter melted
- Pinch salt
- 200ml oat or almond milk
- 1 lemon, the zest
- Blueberry jam (or jam of choice)
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Combine all the dough ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer if using. Combine with a wooden spoon to form a sticky dough.
- With the dough attached knead the dough for about 10mins, until it firms up and if you take a small lump and lightly stretch it, you should see the light through the dough. Alternatively kneed by hand.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly dusted surface and shape into a ball, place in a lightly dusted bowl and cover with cling film or tea towel and set aside some where warm for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, or you can lightly grease baking dish.
- Once the dough is ready remove from the bowl and place on a lightly dusted surface, roll into a large rectangle shape about 1cm thick.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough.Cut the dough into 8 as even as possible strips, width ways. Then roll up strip tightly, this prevents the filling from spilling out.
- Place into your prepared dish leaving space between each roll for expansion.
- Cover in cling film or a clean kitchen towel and allow to prove again for another hour somewhere warm.
- With 15 minutes left of proving pre heat the oven to 180C/360F.
- Once they have had their final prove, place into the pre heated oven for about 15-20minutes, until golden and fluffy. Do not over bake, you want them as light and tender as possible.
- Once the buns have cooled down, drizzle with the glaze.
Find more of Natalie’s recipes on @natalie.naturally.