- 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil – If you don’t mind fat-free texture, you can use applesauce
- 1 cup flour, loosely packed (works with white, spelt, or gf)
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder optional pinch cardamom or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen-thawed .
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Grease a donut OR mini muffin pan.
- Set oven to 350 F.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients except berries.
- Pour wet into dry once oven is preheated, and stir until just evenly mixed. Don’t overmix.
- Either stir berries in carefully so they don’t break and turn everything purple, or press them in after portioning the batter into the pan.
- Bake 10-12 min (depending on flour used), or until donuts have risen and are cooked through. Let sit 5 min before removing from the pan.
- Frost w/ basic glaze, or w/ straight-up coconut butter, which is my favorite!