- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 110g vegan margarine
- 110g Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp berry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350F. Prepare muffins pan with liners, set aside. Add dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour in wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake lines in a muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, combine margarine and shortening in the stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment. Whip on medium to high speed for about 3 mins.
- Add the salt and berrylicious powder. Stop mixer and add the sifted powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then mix on high speed for 3 minutes, slowly drizzle in the cream.
- Increase speed to high and whip for another 2 minutes.