- 16oz firm tofu, drained well & cut into triangular shapes
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 cloves skin-on garlic
- 5 caps of dried mushrooms, softened & drained
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot
- 1/4 cup raw red skin peanuts, boiled until slightly tender, then rinsed with water & drained
- 1/4 cup roasted chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups veggie stock
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- Optional: oil, toasted sesame oil, white pepper, salt to taste, cornstarch slurry
- 2 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Pan fry tofu triangles in a heated non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown on each side. Then, season with salt & set aside.
- In a heated pot with 1 tablespoon oil, sauté ginger & garlic until fragrant. Add mushrooms & stir fry for 1 min until aromatic.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except scallions (add tofu last) along with the veggie stock, sauce & a few shakes of white pepper. Place a lid over & bring mixture to boil. Turn heat to low-med & let simmer until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Taste & season with more salt, if needed. For a thicker sauce, swirl in the cornstarch slurry before turning off the heat.
- Garnish with scallions, a drizzle of toasted sesame oil, & serve warm with rice.