- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1–1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Add 1 cup raw cashews to small saucepan with enough water to cover by 2-inches. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly blanch 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets (-boil for a couple minutes and run under cold water).
- Blend sauce until smooth: 1 cup soaked cashews, 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp ground white pepper, 1-1/2 cups water. Add salt to taste.
- Heat sauce in large sauce pan until just starts to thicken. Mix in 2 cups cooked chickpeas and steamed broccoli florets. Cook until heated through. Serve with desired amount of pasta.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on @cookingforpeanuts.