Perfectly spicy, delicious, and easy to share – these vegan buffalo cauliflower bites, paired with a creamy blue cheese dip, will make a great appetizer for a party or a potluck!
- 1 head (ca 3 lbs / 1.4 kg)cauliflower
- ¾ cup (1.8 dl)rice flour
- ¾–1 cup (1.8-2.4 dl)water
- ¼ tsp (1 ml)salt
- 1 clove – garlic Hot sauce
- ⅔ cup (1.6 dl) hot sauce
- ½ cup (1.2 dl / 100g) vegan margarine
- 1½ Tbsps. (22 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) vegan sour cream
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) vegan blue cheese
- ¼ cup (.6 dl) vegan mayonnaise
- 1 small-ish clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) plant-based milk
- Juice from ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F (235°C).
- In a small bowl, combine brown rice flour, water, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk, slowly adding more water if the batter is too thick.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet.
- After about 10 minutes, use a long spoon to turn the cauliflower bits. Bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, start to prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter first, then add the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne. Heat on medium, stirring constantly. When the sauce starts to bubble, turn off the burner, and set the pot and sauce aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Using a kitchen brush into the sauce mix. At the end, when there is only a little sauce left, use a pastry brush to brush each piece.
- Return the sauce-coated cauliflower to the over for a final 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed. Remove from oven. Let cauliflower bites cool before serving.
- To make the dip, add all the ingredients to a bowl. Mix and flavor with salt, pepper and your preferred blend of spices. Store in refrigerator until serving.
Find more of Chris’ recipes at Planticize.