For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- ½ head cauliflower, finely chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegan buffalo wing sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
For the Pasta Salad:
- 8 oz (225 g) pasta of choice, gluten-free if necessary
- 1 15 oz (440 g) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (~1 ¼ cups cooked beans)
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ packed cup chopped dill, parsley, or cilantro (optional)
For the Dressing:
- ⅓ cup (80 g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegan buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F & line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Roast the Cauliflower: add the chopped cauliflower to a large bowl, then add in the buffalo sauce and garlic powder. Use a spatula to toss everything around until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Transfer to the lined baking tray and spread evenly across it. Bake in the top rack of the oven for 25-27 min, until some of the edges are golden brown.
- Cook the Pasta: once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and carefully rinse with cold water, so it can come down to room temp. Set aside.
- Make the Dressing: In the meantime, prep the remaining veggies and make the dressing. Whisk the tahini, buffalo sauce, water, & garlic powder together in a bowl until smooth & creamy. Some tahini brands are thicker than others, so if your dressing is too thin, add water in 1-tbsp increments and whisk well, until the dressing reached your desired consistency
- Assemble: add the pasta & roasted cauliflower to a large bowl along with the chickpeas, celery, carrot, green onion, & fresh herbs (if using). Pour the dressing over the salad & mix well, until everything is evenly coated with dressing.
- Serve & Store: transfer to a serving dish & serve as desired; leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days before they begin to dry out.
Find more of Caitlin’s recipes on @frommybowl.
This Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Salad isn’t the only way to make cauliflower exciting! Explore its versatility with these recipes: