- 1280 grams flour
- 2100 grams sugar
- 31 tsp. baking powder
- 4a pinch of salt
- 51 flax egg
- 61 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 740 grams olive oil
- 8280 grams almond milk + 15 grams lemon juice
- Mix 1 tbsp. flax meal (which is ground flax seeds) with 2 + 1/2 tbsp. of water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Mix lemon juice and milk and heat mixture for 1 minute until it curdles. This will replace the buttermilk.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl until combined.
- Add in olive oil, vanilla, “buttermilk” and the flax egg and mix until combined.
- Heat some coconut/olive oil in a pan and when it’s warm, drop dollops of the batter.
- Cook until bubbles appear in the surface and then flip them.
- Keep on cooking until golden.
- Enjoy warm with your choice of toppings!