- 1.5 cups plain flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp cardamom, ground
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- 2–3 tbsp dairy free milk
- food colouring of choice
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F and line a cupcake tin with cases.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda, sea salt and cardamom in a bowl.
- Add in coconut milk, agave, vanilla and vinegar and stir briefly to incorporate.
- Fill each case ⅔ full and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Prepare frosting by whisking icing sugar and butter together.
- Add in milk tbsp at a time until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in food colouring of choice and pipe onto cooled cakes.
Find more of Bo’s recipes on @bos.kitchen.