No need to order takeout when your own vegan chana masala curry is so inexpensive and easy to make!
- 2 cans of chickpeas or 800gr of cooked chickpeas .
- 1 can of diced tomatoes or whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of curry powder of choice
- 1 tsp of cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 green chilli
- 1 handful of coriander (cilantro)
- brown rice or basmati rice to serve.
- salt and pepper to season
- Cook your rice while making your curry in boiling water.
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat and once the pan is hot add in the curry powder, cumin seed powder, and garam masala to extract all the flavor. Then add your diced onion and sliced garlic and stir (add a bit more oil if needed) often until cooked.
- Add in the canned tomatoes and mashed with the back of the spoon stirring it in the onion and spice mix. Add in the chickpeas and leave to simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with green chili slices and coriander leaves with some rice.
For more vegan Indian cuisine inspiration, click here.