Can you believe this cherry banana bread requires only 6 basic ingredients? Made with nutrient-rich spelt flour and fresh cherries, it’s completely vegan and absolutely delicious!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds⠀
- 3 ripe bananas (approx. 300g)⠀
- 100g cherries⠀
- 200g wholegrain spelt flower⠀
- 50g cashews⠀
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix chia seeds in a small bowl with approx. 12 tbsp (¾ cup) water and stir.⠀
- Mash the bananas with a fork.⠀
- Add crushed cashews, baking powder and the chia “egg”.⠀
- Cut the cherries into halves and add them as well. Combine everything.⠀
- Add the spelt flour, mix and fill the batter into a greased baking tray. Now you can add toppings of your choice (suggested: chocolate drops or more cherries).⠀
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes at 180C/360F.⠀
Find more of Ken’s recipes on @talesofhorizon.
Can you believe this cherry banana bread requires only 6 basic ingredients? If you’re looking for healthy recipes using only a handful of ingredients, check out How To Make Crazy Healthy Vegan Recipes With Only 4 Ingredients.