- 7 Tbsp. aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1–2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 can chickpeas (no salt added, about 260g, drained and mashed with a potato masher)
- 1 cup (about 100g) cooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or potato starch
- 1 garlic (grated)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- black pepper
- red pepper or cayenne pepper if you wish
- 2 Tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- Aioli: Place aquafaba in a high-speed blender and blend with the highest speed for 30 seconds until it is light and foamy. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- In a small bowl, mix every ingredient for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place every ingredient for the balls, and mix well with your hands.
- Make 20-25 balls and pan fry with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for 5-8 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Add the sauce at the end, and coat the balls well.