This chickpea and veggie curry recipe is low-fat, gluten-free, and, of course, vegan. It’s also made with basic pantry ingredients, which you most likely already own if you’re a fan of vegan curry!
- 2 small/1 large red onion
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 can/1-½ cups chickpeas
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 3+ cups coconut milk (carton version)
- 3tbsp curry powder
- ⅓+ cup rice flour (or other gf flour)
- chop all vegetables into chunks.
- sauté onions & curry powder in a dash of coconut milk until soft on medium heat. keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- add sweet potatoes, cauliflower & broccoli. add ¾ of coconut milk, cover & simmer until cooked through.
- in a separate bowl mix rest of coconut milk & rice flour. stir rice flour mixture into curry & simmer whilst stirring until thickened.
- drain & rinse chickpeas. add canned tomatoes, spinach & chickpeas to curry mixture. curry is done when spinach is wilted. add extra rice flour or coconut milk to match desired consistency. serve & enjoy!
Find more of Judy’s recipes on her Youtube channel.