A healthy, comforting dinner option, this chickpea stew with sweet potatoes is packed with veggies and natural flavors.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 400 g sweet potatoes, (about 1 large) diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 250 g of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g of crushed tomatoes
- 1 handful of kale, leaves chopped
- 100 g quinoa
- sea salt
- pepper from the grinder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot. Finely chop the onion and garlic and sauté with the carrot and herbs for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot and stir. Deglaze with a little water and then add zucchini, sweet potato and chickpeas to the pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 400 ml of water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pot and bring to boil.
- Then simmer for about 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash quinoa under running cold water and cook with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the quinoa in a sieve and drain.
- When the stew is ready add the chopped kale and check for seasoning.
- Serve the stew with quinoa and drizzle of olive oil.
Find more of Kathrin & Ramin’s recipes on their blog, Klaras Life.