- dough ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c + 2 tbsp boiling water
- 5 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- oil for cooking
- sauce ingredients: 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- combine and set aside.
- Combine flour and boiling water in a large bowl until dough forms a ball. knead on a floured surface until smooth, for 4-5 minutes, and place in a covered bowl to rest for 30 min.
- Divide dough into four balls. roll out each ball at a time on a floured surface until 8 inches in diameter, then brush with 1/2 tsp sesame oil and sprinkle with chopped green onions and some salt.
- Roll up tightly, jell-roll style and wrap rope around to form a coil, making sure it’s secure and the ends are tucked in.
- Flatten and roll out to 1/8 in thickness. You can repeat this process a 2nd time to get even more layers/more flaky texture.
- Heat cooking oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook the pancake for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.