Don’t we all love a recipe that’s healthy and indulgent at the same time? These vegan, gluten-free choc chip protein muffins will help you jump-start your day!
- ½ banana
- 100g strawberries mashed (I used frozen)
- 1 & ½ Tbsp / 15g chia seeds (whole or ground)
- 60ml warm water
- 40g (1 serve) vegan choc protein powder
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 40ml coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup gluten free plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp dark choc chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (160 fan-forced) / 360F.
- Soak chia seeds in the warm water for 15 mins.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and mix well
- Spoon into 4 silicone muffin cases (I filled to the top)
- Top with additional choc chips and a sliced strawberry piece if desired
- Bake for 30mins or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from silicon, and place on a rack to cool completely before storing
Find more of Jo’s recipes on her website, Healthy Eating Jo.
Looking for more protein-rich breakfast options? Click here to check out our selection.