Chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter are a perfect flavor combination, if there ever was one. These vegan slab slices are naturally gluten-free, easy to make and so delicious!
- 160 grams natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 30 grams coconut oil, melted
- 30 grams coconut butter, softened
- 50 grams coconut nectar
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 100 grams 80% dark chocolate (vegan)
- 30 grams coconut oil
For the base;
- Melt coconut oil bain-marie style, over a hot water bath (also known as bain-marie style). If the coconut butter is too stiff, soften in the same way.
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and mix until smooth. Pour into your choice of tin (we used a silicone tray), and set in the freezer.
For the topping;
- Chop chocolate and place in a metal bowl with the coconut oil, melting slowly in a hot water bath/bain-marie style.
- Pour over the peanut base and set in the freezer. Voila!
- Allow a good 20 minutes to defrost before chowing down.
Here are 2 variations that we love:
- Add a layer of buckinis between the peanut and chocolate layers to give the bars a nice crunch factor.
- Add one ripe banana to the base mixture and follow the same directions. This version is sweeter, and has a more fudge like consistency.
Find more of Jade’s recipes on @panaceas_pantry.
Loved these chocolate, coconut and peanut butter slab slices? You might want to check out our bars & slices category for more inspiration! Click here to see them all.