This vegan chocolate covered strawberry milkshake is a twist on the chocolate covered strawberry, delivered in delicious liquid form. The bottom layer is a creamy, vanilla-spiked strawberry milkshake and the top layer is laced with earthy cacao. As an aside and total bonus, it is healthy. Enjoy it in the company of someone you love (like yourself, you totally count).
- 2 ¼ cups frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 soft medjool date, finely chopped
- pinch high-quality salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- cacao nibs to garnish
- Place everything except the cacao powder and nibs in the jar of a blender. Blend on high until smooth liquid forms.
- Pour two-thirds of the milkshake into glasses, leaving one third behind for the chocolate layer.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of cacao powder to the remaining liquid and blend until incorporated.
- Divide between the glasses. Garnish with nibs.
Find more of Dillon’s recipes on her blog, Oh, Holy Basil.
For more vegan milkshake ideas, click here.