- 1 1/2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 10 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp activated charcoal powder or cocoa powder
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate, about 220g
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener, I used maple syrup
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk overnight.
- In a food processor combine oats, almonds, and charcoal powder process until coarsely ground. Add dates, coconut oil and rice malt syrup, pulse until mixture looks like wet sand.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared tart tin. Place in the freezer to set while you work with your filling.
- Melt dark chocolate and set aside.
- Beat chilled coconut milk for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add sweetener (optional), cooled melted dark chocolate and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into tart and refrigerate overnight to set.