- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 dates, pitted
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Grease a 8-inch tart tin. Set aside. In a food processor combine oats, nuts and process until coarsely ground.
- Add dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup, pulse until mixture looks like wet sand. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared tart tin.
- Place in the freezer to set while you work with your filling. Place the coarsely chopped dark chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the coconut milk until bubbles just begin to appear. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and let stand without stirring for 5 mins.
- Stir the chocolate-coconut milk mixture until glossy and smooth. Pour mixture into tart and refrigerate at least 4 hrs to set.
- Garnish with fresh figs and chopped pistachios, slice, and serve.