Crust and Crumble:
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups gf flour
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 1 /2 cups gf rolled oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2-4 tsps fresh grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons golden coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon gf flour
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a small baking dish with parchment paper.
For the crust and crumble:
- In a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil or vegan butter, gf flour, oats, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, coconut sugar, and cinnamon + salt.
- Mix until well combined, but slightly crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside, this will be the crumble.
- Add the remaining oat mixture to the prepared pan…spreading out evenly across the bottom with your fingers.
For the Strawberry Filling:
- In a small/medium bowl, add all strawberry filling ingredients. Tossing to combine.
- Place the strawberry mixture on top of the crust and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumble evenly across the top of the strawberry layer. Place the bars in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 25-30 minutes, cut and serve. Enjoy!