- 50 grams flax seeds, ground into flax meal
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao Pinch good-quality salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2–3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini OR peanut butter if tolerated
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp good-quality salt
- 1/4 cup coconut condensed milk
- 100 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut condensed milk
- Add flax meal, coconut, cacao and salt to a high-speed food processor. Pulse until combined. Add dates and 2 Tbsp rice malt, and pulse to forma sticky base. Add more rice malt is needed.
- Press mixture into the base of preferred cake tin (I used a 15cm square one)
- Add all caramel ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape the sides at least one.
- Pour over your base layer, smooth with a hot spoon, and set in the freezer while you make the choc top.
- Add chocolate and coconut condensed milk to a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pop of simmering water. Once melted pour onto of caramel base.
- Allow to set in the freezer for atlas 4 hours. To serve, remove from freezer and cake tin. Use a very hot knife to slice into desired serves. Store in an air-tight container, and enjoy!