- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk beverage (not canned)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 peach or nectarine, diced
- 2 peaches/nectarines
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat a griddle/grill or pan. In a mixing bowl, add banana and with a whisk or fork mash banana until mostly smooth. Add in flax seed and water and give mixture a good stir and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in apple cider vinegar, vanilla, salt, and sugar and mix this in well. Add in baking soda and baking powder. Stir well again and you will notice the mixture react and start to fluff up.
- Add in flour, coconut flakes and milk and mix to form a thick batter (avoid over mixing).
- Fold in peaches into the batter.
- When griddle is ready, scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto griddle surface and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bottom of pancake is golden. Flip and cook other side for 2-3 minutes as well. Remove from heat and eat.
- While pancakes are cooking, combine sliced peaches, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to coat and then add to preheated grill. Grill for about 3-4 minutes or until grill marks start to appear and then flip to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Serve immediately with pancakes.
Find more of Catherine’s recipe on @plantbasedrd.