- (note: “cold” refers to the traditional title of the recipe, but it can be served both cold and warm)
- 2 long Chinese (or Japanese) eggplants
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the two ends of the eggplants and then into sections around 6 cm long.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sliced eggplants.
- Cook until softened, about 8 minutes (they are ready when you can easily insert a chopstick inside)
- Transfer the pieces to a plate lined with a paper towel to remove the excess of water.
- Then place them in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix tamari with sesame oil, black pepper, and chopped chives.
- Pour the sauce over the eggplant.
- Decorate with more chives if desired.
- Grab your chopsticks and enjoy!