- 1 can white beans or chickpeas
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup quick oats or flax
- scant 1/4 tsp salt
- heaping 1/8 tsp baking soda (this gives a cookie dough flavor)
- 6 oz melted chocolate chips + optional 2 tsp oil
- optional mini chocolate chips
- Drain beans, rinse extremely well, and pat dry.
- Process all ingredients except the chocolate, oil, and chips in a strong food processor until completely smooth.
- Stir in a handful of mini chocolate chips if desired. (Some readers say a blender works, but try that at your own risk. Taste and texture will be much better in a food processor.)
- Carefully melt the chocolate so it doesn’t burn. I like to stir in the optional oil for smoother chocolate sauce.
- Add around 1 tsp chocolate sauce to the bottoms of mini cupcake liners, then freeze about 5 minutes to set.
- Add about 6g cookie dough dip (1-2 tsp) on top of the hardened chocolate, then top with 1-2 tsp more chocolate sauce, and immediately freeze.