- [serves 4]
- 1 ear yellow corn, husk and silks removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ large red bell pepper, seeded then diced small
- ½ large orange bell pepper, seeded then diced small
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped + extra for serving
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- juice of 1 lime + extra for serving
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons organic taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- ½ cup nondairy sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil, setting the rack about 6 inches from the top of the oven.
- Place the corn on a baking sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes, until the corn is golden brown and slightly charred all around.
- Remove from heat and allow cob to cool to room temperature.
- Using a sharp knife, separate kernels from cob and place kernels in a large bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, 3 teaspoons olive oil, lime, and a pinch of salt to that same bowl.
- Gently toss until well mixed, then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes – allowing flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with an S-blade, gently pulse remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, walnuts, tamari, and taco seasoning until walnuts form a large crumb.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To Assemble: Evenly distribute tomato mixture and walnut mixture amongst corn tortillas. Top with sliced avocado, nondairy sour cream, and extra lime juice and cilantro as desired.