- Makes enough for 4 sandwiches
- 1 can chickpeas, roughly mashed
- 3 tbsp soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo*
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins or sultanas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread, sourdough is my favorite
- Drain the can of chickpeas and mash them roughly with a potato ricer, leaving some chickpeas.
- It may help to heat the chickpeas up in the microwave for a minute or two to make them softer and easier to mash.
- Add the yogurt, mayo, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice, and raisins.
- Stir this well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Chill this in the fridge as it is best cold!
- When the filling is properly chilled, you can assemble your sandwiches.
- Add some greens like spinach or kale if you like, or just have it plain.
- *If you don’t have vegan mayo and don’t feel like making some, more yogurt will work. But the mayo version is a little tastier, so if you can, try to find some vegan mayo.