Get ready for winter festivities with these cosmic gingerbread cookies! They are colorful, flavorful, and so easy to make!
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- ¾ cup (165g) vegan butter
- ¾ cup (250g) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- Add butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl, and beat (with electric beaters) until light and fluffy. Add maple syrup, and beat to incorporate.
- Sift in dry ingredients and beat until combined, and a smooth dough forms. Cover bowl with a damp tea towel, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F. Remove dough from the fridge and use hands to roll into balls (I make 27 in total).
- Flatten slightly, then decorate with vegan smarties. Bake for 8-12 mins (I do 8, so they’re still soft), then allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Find more of Jade’s recipes on @panaceas_pantry.