- 1 wedge of a large pumpkin, skin on
- 1 yellow onion
- 4–6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2–1 cup vegan stock
- Small handful fresh sage leaves, chopped finely
- Good few punches of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch (optional- just used to thicken the sauce)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350F.
- Roughly cut up pumpkin into cubes, and wedge the onion. Place both, and the peeled garlic cloves, on a baking tray (with olive oil, or on a non stick mat) and bake for 20-25 mins, or until soft and delicious.
- Add cooked vegetables to a high-speed blender. Drain cashews, and add to the blender, along with remaining ingredients. Blend for 1-2 minuets or until completely smooth.
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions. While it’s on the boil, add sauce to a saucepan and heat over a medium flame, whisking through out. This will allow the sauce to thicken (and whisking will stop any clumps forming).
- Serve while hot (or at the beach the next day while cold), with sautéed mushroom and greens + hemp hearts.