Did you know that parfait is French for “perfect”? No wonder these creamy cherry Black Forest parfaits are the perfect worldly breakfast treat, mixing the American take on the classic French dessert with the flavors of the world-famous German cake. And it only takes minutes to make them!
- 1 cup | 150g Fresh cherries, pitted
- ¼ tsp Almond essence
- 1 Tbsp Rice malt syrup
- Small tub of Coconut yogurt
- Drizzle of pure vanilla extract
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup to sweeten
- Vegan Choc chip cookie of choice
- Place pitted cherries into a saucepan and gently squish with a fork.
- Add almond essence and rice malt syrup.
- Simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Take off heat and allow to cool completely.
- In two jars, crumble a layer of cookies.
- Pour coconut yogurt into a bowl and stir in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Place onto cookie layer, then add cold cherry compote mix, layer with a little more coconut yogurt and top with fresh cherries and some dark chocolate.
Find more of Chloe’s recipes on @the_smallseed_.
We have more vegan parfait recipes to enjoy before summer is over, click here to see them all.