- 2tbsp oil -1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 250g risotto rice (9oz)
- 600ml veggie broth (2 1/2 cups)
- 4tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper
- Optional: 2tbsp vegan butter for taste and creaminess
- 350g mushrooms, chopped or sliced (12.25oz)
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed (7oz)
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and sauté for 5 more minutes (while stirring).
- Add enough veggie broth to cover the risotto. Bring to a boil and keep stirring and letting it cook until the liquid’s been absorbed by the rice. Keep adding more liquid and stirring until you’ve used up all the veggie broth.
- In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms in a little oil in a pan and thaw the spinach.
- Once the risotto is ready, add the mushrooms, spinach and nutritional yeast, mix and add the spices (to taste). (Optionally add the vegan butter as well).