author: WoonHeng Chia
Creamy Tom Yum noodle soup packed with umami flavors. My normal go-to homemade veggie stock is made from boiling a variety of vegetables and mushrooms in water for a few hours – a very time consuming process. Now with just a few spoonfuls of Yondu‘s umami vegetable seasoning sauce, I’ll get an instant flavorful broth for any plant-rich cooking. Yondu is 100% natural, organic, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO with no added flavors or preservatives.
- 1–2 servings noodles of choice (prepared as directed)
- 7oz (200g) firm tofu, pressed & pan-fried, then seasoned with salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), chopped or 2 teaspoons dried lemongrass
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables of choice (used Gailan)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (used oyster mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon TomYum or red chili paste (or more as preferred)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil with sediment
- 3–4 cups of water
- 2–3 tablespoons Yondu umami vegetable seasoning sauce
- 2–3 Thai red chili
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (more for a creamier version)
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- oil for cooking
1. In a heated non-stick pan with 1-2 tablespoons oil, sauté lemongrass over low-medium heat until aromatic. Then, add in TomYum paste, mushrooms, vegetables & give it a quick stir.
2. Add in water & Yondu (start with 1 tablespoon) along with tomatoes.
3. Bring the soup to a rolling boil, then turn heat to low-med & simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chili oil, lime juice, sugar & stir in the coconut milk to combine. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients (chili, tofu, noodles) & give it a quick stir until all incorporated. Taste test & season with more Yondu if needed.
5. Serve warm with fried shallots or more lime juice.
This recipe is sponsored by Yondu. Click here to order a bottle.
Click here to find more recipes made with Yondu’s umami vegetable seasoning.