- 3 cups pasta of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk from a tin
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the onion, garlic and carrot to a non-stick frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until they begin to soften before adding the mushrooms. Continue to cook for another 5 or so minutes, until the mushrooms shrink down.
- Add the coconut milk, tamari, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, tahini and cornflour. Stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the frying pan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, continuing to stir until the pasta is well-combined with the sauce.
Find more of Maria’s recipes on @earthofmariaa.