- 1 can (13.5oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup lentils, pre-cooked
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice salt + pepper (to taste)
- hemp seeds (for garnishing)
- fresh cilantro (for garnishing)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200C.
- Cut your butternut squash in half, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt + pepper and place flesh side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the soup **NOTE: you can also roast your squash the day before, cube and store in the fridge overnight for easier soup prep the next day
- Heat a stockpot over medium heat, and add 1 tbsp of the coconut milk solid Add your diced onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, turmeric powder, lentils, remaining coconut milk, and water. Stir to combine well Bring the soup to a boil, then turn the heat down to low.
- When your butternut squash is done (if not pre-roasting), cut into cubes and place into the soup When the lentils are soft, after about 15-20 minutes, stir in the lime juice and sriracha sauce.
- Serve garnished with hemp seeds and fresh cilantro.