- What you need:
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and spiralized
- 1 zucchini – spiralized
- 1 purple radish – sliced with the mandolin
- 4 spring onions
- handful of radishes – thinly sliced or use a mandolin
- 1 avocado – cubed
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds
- 4 small wedges of lime, for serving
- Peanut sauce
- 125 gr peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple or rice syrup or coconut syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- a pinch chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons water, to thin, preferable some hot water. this makes the blending easier.
- Prepare the vegetable noodles: Use a julienne peeler, mandolin, spiralizer or regular peeler to create noodles out of the radish,daikon, purple radish and zucchini, if using.
- Transfer the noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the avocado cubes or slices, onions, chopped cilantro and sesame seeds to the bowl.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Drizzle in enough dressing to coat the portioned amount.
- Use your hands to gently toss the mixture until every single strand is coating in dressing.
- Serve the noodle-less pad Thai with a wedge of lime and a sprinkle of extra chopped cilantro and the black sesame seeds.
- I love to use my zest scraper to create a cool pattern in the skin of the lime when I have guests.. looks so fancy and tropical! –
- Store the leftover vegetable salad separately from the dressing and dress just before serving.