- 1/3 cup aquafaba (80ml)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g // can also use cacao powder)
- 3 tbsp confectioners sugar (22g // or 2 tbsp granulated sugar)*
Coffee Layer (Optional)
- 1 tsp instant coffee + 2 tbsp hot water (or 1 shot of espresso)
- 1 tbsp sugar (12g)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup non dairy milk, cold or heated (240ml)
- cocoa powder for dusting on top
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Using a stand mix or hand held mixer, whip aquafaba in a medium to large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Sift in the cream of tar tar and continue to whip for another 1 minute. Sift in powdered sugar and whip for another minute. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and sift for another 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
To Make a Latte
- Add instant coffee, hot water and 1 tbsp of sugar into a cup and mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of ice and then slowly pour in the non dairy milk to achieve layers of coffee and milk. If you want a warm latte, omit the ice. Top with whipped chocolate and serve.
To Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
- Hot Version: Warm up 1 cup of non dairy milk and then add whipped chocolate on top.
- Cold Version: Add 1 cup of ice to a glass and pour in 1 cup of milk. Then top it off with whipped chocolate.
- Transfer whipped chocolate into ice cube trays or a freezer safe container. When ready, pop the whipped chocolate out of the ice cube trays (or scoop it out of the container) and add to any drink!
Find more of Lisa’s recipes on @okonomikitchen.