This deep-fried veggie stuffed tofu is one of Indonesia’s afternoon treats that is perfect eaten with hot sauce dips or raw chili.
- 2 square fried tofu, 100gr each
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 50ml water
- 25 gr string beans, chopped
- 45 gr carrots, match-like cut (sen-giri)
- 30 gr bean sprout
- Oil to sauté
- 100gr flour
- 25gr rice flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of coriander powder
- 2–3 tbsp water (or more)
- Oil to fry
- Cut tofu pieces diagonally and make triangles. Slightly scoop out the middle part of the tofu with a small spoon to make some space, mash the scooped out part and reserve.
- Grind shallots and garlic into paste, saute with oil until fragrant
- Ddd in the rest of the ingredients with the mashed tofu, stir and cover with lid until the carrots are soft enough and water is reduced.
- Stuff the veggies into the tofu.
- Mix all the dry coating ingredients, add water gradually until it has cake-batter-like consistency
- Coat the stuffed tofu with the coating batter and deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot and all you need to do is enjoy!
Find more of Kika’s recipes on @kikaramel.