- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 whole banana to place on top
- 3 tbsp neutral flavor oil (such as grape seed, avocado or sunflower)
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan (you can also line it with parchment paper).
- Whisk together the non-dairy milk and ground flax in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well, add the mini chocolate chips and mix again.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, slice the whole banana in half lengthwise, and arrange the 2 pieces on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let it cool before removing it from the mold.
Find more of Vicky and Ruth’s recipes on @mayihavethatrecipe.
This might be the easiest vegan banana bread recipe, but we have plenty more.