- 110g vegan butter/margarine
- 55g of golden caster sugar
- 62g of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (You can use extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 180g of plain flour
- Vegan Caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.I use my stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Add in the vanilla paste/extract, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and aquafaba.Mix together until combined.
- Lastly, sift in the flour and mix until a dough if formed.
- Roll around 50g of the mixture into balls, flatten the middle, add in some caramel sauce and pinch the cookie dough together to seal it in, then place onto the lined baking tray.
Repeat for all of the cookies.
- Pop the cookie into the fridge for around 35 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, immediately place them into the oven and bake for 14 minutes or until golden in colour. Once baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. As they cool, they will crisp off.
I served my cookies with a drizzle of caramel sauce and pinch of sea salt.
Store in a sealed container and enjoy within a few days.