- Preparation- Overnight Freezing time- 2 hours Makes- Approximately 10
- Ingredients for the base
- 200g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 100g of brown rice crispies Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cans of coconut cream (Cream only)
- 3 teaspoons of coffee powder (I use espresso)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- Vegan Caramel sauce …
- To make the base, line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Place the rice crispies into a heatproof bowl and pour in the melted chocolate, stir until fully combined.
- Pour and level the mixture into the lined tin then pop into the freezer to set.
- To make the filling, in a bowl using a balloon whisk, whisk the coconut cream until light and fluffy.
- Add in the coffee powder, cacao powder, maple syrup and cooled melted coconut oil then whizz up to combine.
- Smooth over the base, drizzle and swirl on some of the caramel sauce and pop back into the freezer to set. This will take around 1-2 hours.
- Once set, defrost, slice into bars and serve with more caramel sauce and coffee beans (optional) Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Best enjoyed within a few days of making.