Make your weeknight dinners a breeze with this Easy Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce. Quick to make and delicious, it’s also naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (796ml)
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (I like to use coconut oil, but any oil without a strong flavour can be used – it just won’t be as creamy. Grapeseed, avocado oil, and some mild olive oils also work well.)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ tightly packed cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ tightly packed cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ tightly packed cup zucchini/courgette, sliced very thinly
- Your favourite gluten-free pasta
Add all ingredients except the parsley and salt & pepper to a large pan and heat until it’s bubbling.
Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce with a lid on for 15 minutes.
Add the parsley and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Check the taste of your sauce, and season if needed with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
Serve over your favourite pasta and add an extra sprinkling of parsley. Enjoy!
- If using sundried tomatoes, you’ll likely want to reduce the amount of salt you add. Taste your sauce before adding extra!
- If you like a creamier sauce, try adding an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.