Now is the perfect time to try this easy vegan French onion soup – it’s quick, comforting, and absolutely delicious!
- 3 large yellow onions
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil
- 8 cups filtered water + 1 tbsp “vegan beef” bouillon paste
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dry
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Multigrain rustic bread
- 8 ounces vegan fresh mozzarella (or any of your favorite vegan cheese!)
- Slice onions ¼” thick. Cook onions stirring occasionally over low heat in 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil until golden, about 30-45 minute
- Add wine, broth (water + 1 tbsp bouillon paste), bay leaf, thyme and worcestershire. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and thyme and discard.
- Meanwhile, slice bread, toast and brush with vegan butter.
- Ladle soup into ceramic bowls. Add 2 slices of bread in each bowl. Slice or shred vegan cheese and add to each bowl of soup. Enjoy!
Find more of Alexa’s recipes at Fueled Naturally.
If you loved this easy vegan french onion soup, you might also like: